Tiny houses for sale in California
Why Tiny Houses are Popular in California
California is one of the few U.S. states that border on the Great Lakes. It is a land that has countless landscapes that could make the perfect place for a tiny home. It is the mixture of beautiful scenery, mixed with a growing number of tiny house communities that just keep popping up, which make the Buckeye State one of the best places to start your search for tiny houses for sale in California.
Last year, a local builder in the Cleveland area took aim at building two tiny houses on the west-side of Cleveland. This was done to show people a new and affordable solution to building new homes in already crowded residential areas.
It is projects like this, combined with the growing eco-consciousness of the population that is driving the tiny house movement. There are many other builders and festivals all throughout the state that are putting themselves to work with spreading the world about tiny houses and, it’s working.
People everywhere, young and old, are starting to be more interested in the idea of living in smaller houses. They are starting to realize how empty a 2600 Sq. Ft. house can be, not to mention how expensive they can be.
However, saving money isn’t the only thing that is attracting people to the tiny house lifestyle. Tiny home owners get to enjoy many benefits that those living in a traditional home don’t.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
- Environmentally Friendly – One of the biggest reasons are searching for tiny houses for sale in California is due to that fact that these tiny homes are environmentally friendly. Many people are drawn to the idea of being able to make sustainable choices in their life and tiny homes offer exactly that. With a smaller footprint, tiny homes are far more energy efficient than larger homes, which helps to reduce carbon emissions and make the world that much greener.
- Simple – Living in a tiny house allows its owners to simplify their life. Without having extra space, there is less of a need to acquire material possessions, which means that you can focus on the important things in life.
- Less Maintenance – Having less space means that you will have less room to be able to collect things that you don’t use and clutter. A tiny home’s small size means that cleaning the house will only take a fraction of the time that it would to clean a full-size house. This also means that any maintenance jobs will be smaller as well.
- Mobility – Many tiny homes are built on wheels and allow you to tow your house almost anywhere imaginable. This allows tiny home owners to travel or to move their house around without needing to deal with buying and selling their home.
- Multi-Functional – Not only are tiny home great for those looking to downsize, they are also multi-functional, and now we are seeing more people starting to use tiny houses as guest houses, studios or in-law suites.
- Debt-Free – Many of our clients managed to pay off their debts within a few years and are then able to live debt-free. With the cost of tiny homes for sale in California being significantly lower than traditional homes, tiny home owners are not locked into mortgages that take a lifetime to pay down. Once, you have your debt taken care of, you will be able to focus on putting your money towards the things that you really want in life.
- Freedom – Making the choice to purchase tiny homes for sale in California will allow you to take control of your life. Whether it is getting away from lifelong mortgages or having the ability to move around, today’s younger generations are looking for a different way of life and older adults too. Tiny houses are very popular among baby boomers whose kids have grown up and moved out and are sick of living in a big, empty house. Every day, we are seeing more people make the choice to adopt the tiny life and take back control of their life.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in California
There are numerous factors that are going to influence the cost of tiny homes for sale in California: Whether the house is going to be built on a permanent foundation or on wheels, whether you need to buy a piece of land for your tiny home, whether you’re are building or buying, etc.
The cost of tiny homes for sale in California will vary between $20,000 and $150,000, however, average costs are closer to between $70,000 and $120,000. This, of course, will depend on the style and type of tiny house and whether you are building or buying a used home.
Always be cautious when contractors make offers that seem too good to be true. Anything under $30,000 for a tiny home is likely only the starting cost and only includes the frame of the house. They will often charge you separately for finishing and furnishing the home, as well as potentially charging you delivery fees.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in California?
- Buying – When you a tiny house, you will settle on a takeover with the house’s current owners and once the financing goes through, you will be able to call the place your own. Buying a tiny house is ideal for people that need to move in a short amount of time. While this method of acquiring a tiny home may be faster, you will not get to customize the house. While this may be fine for some people, since space is limited, others want the ability to customize their space the way they want it.
- Building – There are two options when it comes to building a tiny house. Many people choose to take it upon themselves and go down the old DIY route. Tiny home owners are often people who value doing things for themselves and often find joy in learning how to build their own house. This is great for people who have the motivation to put in the time and effort into not only building a house but carving a home. However, there are other people who would rather sit back and watch the work happen right in front of their eyes. Some may choose the options of enlisting a professional tiny house contractor. Hiring a builder often takes a lot of the work out of building a house and some contractors might even offer to furnish the rooms for you.
Why Hiring Builders is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in
Hiring a builder gives you an edge over building your home yourself or buying a used tiny home. Contractors have experience and are qualified to do the work needed to build you a high-quality house. When you use a builder, the cost will often be less than when you are looking at tiny houses for sale in California.
What Can We Offer
Here at Build Tiny House, we strive to offer our clients the best build experience money can buy.
We offer them sustainable choices that can make huge impacts in their lives and to the planet. The people who come to us often have the same values and are looking to make an important change in their lives. Our clients are looking for tiny houses, so we make sure to offer them access to gorgeous and affordable tiny homes for sale in California.
We, along with our team of highly-skilled engineers, provide one of the best tiny house experience available and guarantee that you will walk away from your time with us with a smile on your face.
Not only do we provide our clients with an unrivaled experience, but we also make sure that they are in control of the entire project. We know that building a tiny house can seem like an intimidating task. That’s why we make sure to offer you total control throughout every step of the build process. We offer you a team of skilled engineers and knowledgeable staff who make it easy for you to communicate your needs to us and allow us to do all the work.
Build Tiny House also knows that there are a lot of our customers who share common interests. Many of these people are looking to make a huge change in their lives and want to be able to make decisions that are environmentally friendly. Therefore, we want our clients to have access to sustainable choices, which is exactly why we are now proud to announce that we have added Timber Frame tiny houses to customers.
Timber Frame homes are available in 5 different types of wood and offer a sustainable and durable choice as a building material. Timber is a natural material that has been used for thousands of years to build houses. It is a natural, non-toxic, fireproof and versatile material which makes it one of the best choices for those looking to build a tiny house.
On top of being able to offer an environmentally friendly choice, we also give our clients an opportunity to get away from conventional life. Our customers are often able to pay for their homes much faster and then are free to live life mortgage-free. This means that not only are tiny houses great for the planet, but they are great for your bank account as well.
Build Tiny House is delighted to offer free delivery to anywhere in the United States and offers access to tiny houses for sale in California, which includes the following regions.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in California
Every city, town and municipality are going to have different laws regarding tiny houses in California. Land Use ordinances will include development standards that will apply to the type of structure that you are planning on building. Many of these ordinances include regulations on building height restrictions, property size, square footage, distance from other structures, utilities and landscape.
Always remember to check your local legislation and know which laws apply to you.
One important thing to remember is that tiny houses that are built on wheels are considered by the law as a recreational vehicle. These will often be exempt from building codes and land use ordinances, however, be sure to check your local laws pertaining to parking an RV on your property if needed.